Wednesday 13 April 2011

Writing Assignment #5: Anna

If I were to start writing a novel, I'd go the way of old fashion love story. I'm a sucker for girl meets boy, and by the end they've fallen in love and will live happily ever after. I agree, these sort of books don't leave too much for the imagination, but it's these kinds of books that give me hope. It gives me the hope that love can survive and thrive, especially today.
My characters will be the couple that shouldn't have fallen in love. Maybe the girl's father doesn't like the boy. Maybe the boy is dating a different girl. But somehow, they'd find each other and with a little luck and a whole lot of effort, they'd be together by the last chapter.
As a writer, I wouldn't be too complex. I'm not one for hidden meanings and weird symbols that only a literary genius could pick up on. I'd lay all the facts on the line right away so that the reader wouldn't be getting confused as to what's going on.
I would set it in the summer, probably at a cottage on a lake, I love places like that. There's just something about summer that gives the opportunity for adventure and a bit of carelessness and fun.

1 comment:

  1. No shame in liking the classics, Anna. Check out 'Bridges of Madison County' if you get the chance. It's a love story about an older couple, but it was made into a classic movie and might be the kind of book you'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete