Tuesday 12 April 2011

Time Travelling in Style - Individual Post #2

So most of the people I've talked to who have read the book say they don't like the time travelling. They say it makes the book just confusing and hard to read. I actually like it. I think it makes the book exciting. Instead of just one plot, going on and on, it mixes it up. It adds some suspense because you never know where you're going to be, and when you're going to be by the end of the chapter. It also adds background to the character. We get to see Billy in his life in the future, without just reading "Billy became an optometrist when he grew up", we get to actually read about him being an optometrist. Also, I really love the way that he time travels. I don't think I would like the time travelling as much if it was cheesy, like there was a bright light and then suddenly he was somewhere else. The way he time travels is just so fluid, the opening the door and stepping from a room in one time/place, and the next room is another time/place is just a beautiful example of this. It just makes it flow so well instead of: Billy is here, BRIGHT WHITE FLASH, now he is somewhere else. Also, it adds more suspense to the plot lines, because if you want to find out what happens to billy in the hospital, you have to wait till he gets through the next scene in the war. Anyways, just some thoughts I had. Does anyone else like the time travelling, or is it just me?

By: Rachel Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment